- P03 INSTRUMENT HISTORY
- PRP INSTRUMENTS
- P03 was built for RSMAS and deployed on the Mirai during
- Mauna Loa Observatory calibration.
- pstar00 cruise Melbourne to Seattle. System remains in Seattle.
- System failed to operate on Adelaide to Seattle cruise. Shipped
to BNL for repair.
- System returned to BNL for repair, upgrade, and calibration.
- System returned to BNL for repair, maintenance and calibration. We know
that there is a problem with the connection between the preamp and the PSP.
All else is considered normal maintenance and calibration work.
- YES calibration done on the RSR head. All boxes replaced with new boxes
that have 'D' shaped holes for the Conxall's. Changed shaft o-rings. Cleaned
connectors and greased. Calibrated the electronics. Roof tested for 30 days
with no problems. Before we shipped it back to RSMAS we removed the capacitors
from the terminal bulkhead connector on the DL box. Found connections that
might have been the culprit responsible for the intermitant PSP and PIR data.
Received at BNL for maintenance.